Sunday, June 7, 2009

Triple Play!!

Triple Play!
This weekend we played at home against Legnano. Irene was the starting pitcher and she was throwing a great game. We were up by one run in the top of the 6th inning. We had no outs and a runner on 1st and 3rd. Leslie came into the game to pitch. The first pitch she threw the girl up to bat bunted the ball. Leslie fields it looks the girl back at 3rd and throws to first to get the 1st out. The girl at 3rd takes off for home, Sabro our second baseman throws home to get the second out (Ty almost got her headed taken off by the throw!). The girl that was at 1st rounds 2nd and takes off for third. Our catcher Eli throws her out at 3rd. We got a triple play using only one pitch! It was awesome! It was perfect throws all around, we looked like we knew what we were doing!! We played really well and won both of our games. It was a good Saturday.
Saturday night we went to a place called X-ray and we did a little bit of celebrating. At the end of the night I was one of the few sober ones left so I got to drive home! It was 3am so there were no cars on the road and KG was there to help me out. I only stalled out once,the car was horizontal across two lanes, but the rest of the trip was good and I parked really good!


Italian National Team
Last weekend we took a road trip to Milan to watch the Italian national team play. It is about 4 hours from Forli. We saw them play the Czech Republic, France and Bollate, one of the teams in the Italian league. It was fun but frustrating because I was with people that only spoke Italian. I had no idea what was going on for 2 days! Ornella was there and she can speak pretty good English but she can't translate from Italian to English. Her first language is Spanish but she knows Italian well. She hears it in Italian, translates in her head to Spanish so she understands and than she would try to translate from Spanish to English so I could understand. She had a hard time doing that, which I understand. So I didn't get too much info. Someone would say something in Italian and everybody would laugh and I would just be lost. Sometimes I would laugh just to fit in!
Watching the team play really got me wanting to get on the team. I have to get this husband thing worked out. Leslie already got me two pair of socks that the team wear that say Italia on them. With my socks I feel like I'm pretty much on the team all I need now is to get married! Since y'all are my family and friends you have to help me pick. I've narrowed it down to 2 since I didn't know number 3's name. Email me your votes!


Ivano is our team trainer and he gives really good massages! He enjoys surfing and he is learning to speak English. He is actually pretty good. I can have a conversation with him and not get frustrated. He is about 5ft 9 and is very nicely built.














David is a bartender at pride and always makes really good drinks. He is a softball fan and comes to our games. Interesting fact about him is that his mother is Italian and his father is Ethiopian. He also speaks pretty good English. David is about 5ft 8 and is also very nicely built.




















Almo
There is a pizzeria by our apartment called Almo. Me and Ty go there about 3 times a week, its really good! There is a really cute older couple that work there. The guys name is Almo. When we walk in they already know what we want so they just start making it, they are really nice. They always try to talk to us in Italian but we have no idea what they are saying! So me and Ty just smile and nod. I think that Almo thinks if he keeps talking to us we will eventually understand what he is saying. They could be telling us we are idiots and we would have no idea, we would just be smiling back a them!

Washing Machine disaster!!
Our washing machine broke!! And that's not good when there are five girls living in a house with five smelly uniforms. Like the cars in Italy, the washing machines are also very small. I think they made the washing machines small so they could be transported in the small cars. Since the machine is small you can only wash so many clothes at one time. So our washing machine is running around the clock. When you see the washing machine open you have to hurry up and throw your clothes in because you don't know when you will see it open again! When our washing machine went down for the count we all naturally assumed it was from over use. Within a few days Bomba had someone over to fix it. It turns out ONE bobby pin broke the machine. I think it took the guy a good three minutes to pull it out and it was running again. We all blamed it on each other!


2 comments:

  1. now, how does one end up "horizontal across two lanes?" hahahah!! seriously though.
    i vote for ivano! massages sho, massages!! is there really even a decision?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - that guy with you in the water - David - that's a cutie and his dad is Ethopian. he's cute and makes good drinks - you'd be chilled all the time - HE'S A CUTIE PIE!

    you look like a movie star!

    yeah Sharonda!
    having a LIFETIME BALL! awesome

    ReplyDelete